Search

Labels

The 44th Annual Springtime Tallahassee 10K 2012

Saturday was a very busy day for the city of Talllahassee.  Hundreds of people showed up to watch the Springtime Tallahassee 10K, and enjoy the Grand parade afterwards.  This year, our whole family planned to come down and watch the race, but Jacob caught a high fever the day of and had to stay home.  I ended up running the 10K in 36:51, thanks to all of the intense split training my new coach, Coach Kenney, has put me through on Mondays and Wednesdays.  He told me after the race, on Saturday that I had run negative splits for both halves of the race.  It went from 18:47 the first half to 18:04 the second.  .

Overall, I had a great race, and enough energy at the end to go eight seconds under my goal for the race.  I snagged an eighth place block of hardware, and got to see some old friends again.  Not a bad day at all.  Here are the results

Check out the Pics

The Trophy

A pre-race chat with Coach Kenney

These guys (L-R Greg Widell & Phillip Wilburn)
 train with me and coach Kenney.

The Lineup




A crowded start


And we're off!


The invincible Herb Wills




Midrace







 #1


 #2


 #3


 #4


 #5


 #6


 #7


#8


#9
#10


The results

Mrs. Grayson and I


Mrs. Wable and I

Caleb Harris and I



Just chillin with my grandparents.



No comments:

Post a Comment