Search

Labels

Marzouq Shriners Mother's Day 5K

This was the Marzouq Shriner's first Grand Prix race experience.  They handled the parking, and the trails were all well-marked.  What makes this race so execptional is this:  Instead of handing out ribbons, medals, or even trophies, they give out something much more appetizing.  Cake.  Yes, cake, and lots of it.  I'm talkin' chocolate cakes, pecan pies, cheese cakes, velvet cakes, and all kinds of delicious pies and cakes.   Kevin Sullivan took the cake this year, and finished with a time of 16:06.  For the complete results visit http://www.gulfwinds.org/raceresults/2012/Marzuq%20Mothers%20Day%202012.asp.  This is one of my favotrite races, and I'm definitely going to try and come back next year over the Summer to run in it again. 







Canadian Olympian Kevin Sullivan coming in First, once again
Vince Molosky rollin' into second
I came in third, got a birthday cake, and almost ran a PR. 
Seven more seconds, and I'm there!
Coach Droze was, by far, the fastest master of the race. 
Number 5 Stanley Linton





My grandparents showed up to watch me race. 

(They weren't expecting to have their picture taken)

No comments:

Post a Comment