Search

Labels

Moving to Utah

Since my family and I will be moving to Highland, Utah sometime around the end of May, I'll be attending a High school called the American Fork Cavemen. I'll be getting a new coach and a new team to work with over the next few years or so.  It'll be a huge change for all of us.  This upcoming week will mark the beginning of another new year for us in a different city, going to a different school, with different people, but with family there waiting for us to arrive.  This Summer is going to be action-packed. 



American Fork has one top-notch running program. The boys Cross-Country team has been ranked #6 out of the past 8 years in the Southwest United States.  But, what is a team without the coach?  The American Fork Cavemen's coach, Timo Mostert, has been the CC coach for about 14 years.  He 'was recognized as the "Utah Boys Cross Country Coach of the Year" in 2010 by the NFHS', and has coached the Cavemen's CC team to 3 State Championships since he started in 1998.  For more information visit this site.

Coach Mostert




Last year, American Fork's Cross-Country team finished first in their Region.  They went to State with high expectations, and brought home exactly what they were after:  A State Championship.  I can't wait to get out there in the mix with all these big-time runners!  This upcoming year is going to be awesome! 


American Fork's Region Meet



















I have a lot to look forward to with all but three of these guys coming back next year for another run for State.  They are seen here posing for last year's close State Championship victory over Davis High School in 2011. I'll see about helping them next year, starting by increasing my mileage workout for the rest of May.  When I get out to Utah, I'll see what new plans my coach will have laid out for the season.  For more information about the American Fork Cross Country team, visit Coach Mostert's blog.  The kickoff race will be on August 25th at the High School.  And so...   it begins. 



No comments:

Post a Comment